Aetna Roofing performed a complete envelope weatherproofing of the new addition and fully replaced the roof on the existing library structure.
Below Grade Waterproofing
- Installed CETCO Ultraseal Bentonite Waterproofing under the entire 29,000 sf of
basement slab and footings and extending up 9000 sf of vertical foundation walls to
- Installed 1,600 sf of American Hydrotech Hot Melt Rubberized Asphalt waterproofing at
grade level plaza covering occupied space.
Air Vapor and Waterproofing at Masonry Walls Above Grade
- The 31,000 sf of cavity wall was fully waterproofed using Carlisle Barriseal Cavity Wall Waterproofing prior to the stone veneer being installed by stone mason. Aetna also worked in coordination with mason to fabricate and install over 2,000 lf of .018 terne coated stainless steel through wall flashing with soldered miters and transitions to create a completely air and watertight wall assembly.
Copper Wall Cladding and Roofing
- Approximately 10,500 sf of 20-ounce Pre-Patinated Copper was used to fabricate custom bay window surrounds, overhead soffits and architectural feature sections built into the stone wall assembly.
- The stand-alone reading room received 3,300 sf of 20-ounce copper standing seam roof and soffit system.
- The existing building and the new addition received 33,000 sf of Sika Sarnafil Fully Adhered 80 mil Felt Back PVC Roofing System over tapered insulation system with a 30-year warranty.
- The upper roof areas received Energy Star Rated White PVC Membrane and the lower roofs received Sika-Sarnafil Light Grey Custom color.